SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2008

From:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:03:49 +0900
Aldo Saavedra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a guide on how to install SL4.4 on a
> multinode system that has a RAID controller (Perc5) . I have read about
> kickstart so I'm wondering if that is the way to go.
>
> Each node has its own harddisk while the headnode that has a RAID
> partition.

Kickstart is one way to go, basically it does what you can do during a
manual install.

Either way, Anaconda creates a ks file in /root in the installed
machine, so that's one way to create the ks file, and doesn't need
special information about what you're installing (eg package names &
groups).

You might also look at systemimager, and OS package designed to clone
systems. I've not used it myself, but I hear good reports of it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait