SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:03:46 -0600
Ken Teh wrote:
> So, I'm just starting to poke around with SL5.0.  Where is comps.xml?  In
> the past I've referred to this file to look at the package groups.  How do I
> specify my package groups when writing my kickstart files?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Ken,
It did change in SL 5.  It is now at

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/50/i386/SL/repodata/comps-sl.xml

Why there?
Well, with RHEL 5, RedHat started chopping their comps up and putting them in
the various directories relating to that product.  And that is where they put them.
So there was a
Client/repodata/comps-client.xml
Server/repodata/comps-server.xml
VT/repodata/comps-vt.xml
and so forth.

The installer basically does a big "and" or "&&" and combines them all
together, just like yum does with the grouplists when you have different
repositories.

We left ours in the same spot as RedHat did so that when we create sites, the
sites are able to have their own comps.xml

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group