SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2008

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:03:08 -0600
Scientific Linux "SL 5.1" RC2.5 for i386 and x86_64 	January 10, 2008

-Connie Sieh
-Troy Dawson

Release Candidate 2.5 is essentially the full release.  Please test.  If
there isn't any show stoppers, this will be the final release.

Send comments/issues/test reports to [log in to unmask]

DOWNLOAD INFO

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/51/i386
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/51/x86_64

CHANGES since 5.1 RC 2.5
**NumPy
**
** 	http://numpy.scipy.org//
** NumPy derives from the old Numeric code base and can be used as a
** replacement for Numeric.  It also adds the features introduced by
** Numarray and can also be used to replace Numarray.
**
** 	This package contains:
**         - a powerful N-dimensional array object
**         - sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
**         - basic linear algebra functions
**         - basic Fourier transforms
**         - sophisticated random number capabilities
**         - tools for integrating Fortran code.
**
** 	numpy-1.0.4-1.i386.rpm
** 	numpy-1.0.4-1.x86_64.rpm

** rpm cleanup

We have gone through The Upstream Vendors rpm list and tried our best to
have the rpm names be the same as theirs.  This includes having el5_1
being in the name.
We have also gone through the rpm's checking to make sure that man pages
match between i386 and x86_64.  This stems from the problem of a compile
time date stamp being put into man pages, and if the i386 and x86_64
rpm's aren't compiled on the same date, they don't match.