SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2008

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:46:08 -0800
On Jan 30, 2008 3:15 PM, Glenn Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> > With regards to the latest kernel 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5, a couple of
> > people are reporting a weird problem associated with nfs mounts in
> > the CentOS mailing list and bug tracker:
> >
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-January/093336.html
> >
> > http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2635
>

> Thanks for posting this!
>
> I was wondering why nfs was suddenly very slow, and lots of data was
> flying round the network...
>
> Reverting from kernel 53.1.6 to 53.1.4 on server and clients has fixed
> it for me. It only seems to affect x86_64 systems, or affects them
> much more noticeably than it does i386 ones.

This is apparently not happening to everybody and there does not seem
to be any entry relevant to this issue in the upstream bugzilla.
Could you tell us a bit about your servers and clients?  Anything
unique about them?  Or what are the mount options?  Are they similar
to those posted in the above reports?

Akemi