SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2008

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:03:46 +0100
Hi Troy,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Howdy,
> I always like to update the openafs along with a kernel security errata.
> Well, there is a new kernel for SL 5, and I was going to release openafs
> 1.4.6 (which is the openafs in SL 5.1) as a security errata for the SL 5.0
> folk.
> Since this really is a openafs security update, I think it is the right thing
> to do.  But I just wanted to let anyone give any reason's why they think this
> is a bad idea.
> Anyone see any reason's why not to update the openafs in SL 5?

No. To be honest, most of my fileservers still run 1.4.4, but it's time to
upgrade to 1.4.6. The client should be ok anyway.

> What about SL 4?

It would certainly be nice to have both at the same OpenAFS release, and
the 1.4.6-58 client is doing fine on a number of SL4 systems here. I'm not
sure that the DOS issue is serious enough that we couldn't wait for the
next kernel update or SL release though.

NB is 4.6 still on? Just curious, I'm not actually waiting for it. Or are
you planning to wait until 4.7 (the last SL4 update?) ?

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand