SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2007

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:50:29 -0800
On Dec 11, 2007 9:12 AM, Paul Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've been building rpms a long time,but never bothered with using
> Mock.  Now I need to because some i386 rpms won't build on x86_64
> systems and I'm told in the Fedora list that mock is really the only
> good way to isolate the problems.
>
> I was hoping that somebody here with some experience building RPMs in
> mock could give me a config file for SL 5. As far as I understand it,
> this is necessary because mock will download RPMS and install them in
> an isolated environment.  This would save me some trial and error.
>
> In the mock for Fedora 8, they have a config file   vi
> fedora-5-i386-epel.cfg, and it appears to be the right one for RH
> enterprise Linux 5.  So I think I can adapt this one to SL. But, if
> you did it already, show me your goods.  I wonder what goes under
> "local" in the list below.  Also I wonder if I can just throw in more
> repositories...

I do not (yet) have a config file for SL, but I would imagine the one
for CentOS 5 may be closer than the F8 stuff. Also, I heard that newer
versions of mock do not work (at least with CentOS).  The latest
version known to work is 0.6.x.  I got mock from the kbs-Extras repo.
It includes cfg files for CentOS i386 and x86_64.

http://centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

Akemi