SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:38:27 -0600
Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would really appreciate some help here. I am a starter at linux and I
> installed SL 4.5 on my pc. After some weeks it worked fine (besides I
> haven't registered it on redhat.com),

There is no need to register at redhat.com if you are runing Scientific
Linux.  Except for their source code, which anyone can get from their
ftp site, they are not associated with Scientific Linux in any way.

> and yesterday  when I tryed to log
> in GNOME a message appeader saying that my session lasted less than 10
> seconds and one of 2 things should be happening: or I am out of disk
> space (which I am NOT), or something about saving my last session. The
> result is that I can't log in, only on security mode (terminal only),
> but as long as I don't know what to do, I can't fix it.
> Does anybody know what is happenning?

It sounds like you cannot log into your home area for some reason.  What
that reason is ... we'll have to figure out.

Is your home area on a network disk of some type?  Or is it on the disk
in your computer?

If it is on your computer, is your home area on it's own partition?

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468