SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2007

From:
Harold Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harold Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:36:31 -0500
Hi Jan,

I don't know if I'm the right person to answer your question, but I'm
running the x86_64 version of SL 5 on a dual core Opteron.  I always
upgrade the kernel to the latest version available on kernel.org (and
compile it myself)  When I checked my kernel source out today, it
indicated that it could be customized for your xeon processors.  I have
a "personal computer" using a server motherboard and the Opteron.

Hope this helps.

Harold Norris