SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2007

From:
Jan Iven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:24:23 +0100
On 02/11/07 18:31, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'll be at the spring Hepix in St. Louis next week.  I'll be giving the
> usual 6 month S.L. status, as well as leading the usual S.L.
> question/answer/discussion forum.
> Connie wasn't able to make it to this hepix.  I will be arriving
> sometime on tuesday, and then the S.L. stuff is on Friday morning.

Neither Jarek nor myself will be there. Perhaps you could gently
initiate a discussion on the expected SL4 lifetime?

We also still seem to be moving only slowly with respect to "scientific"
addon software - perhaps it would be worth to see whether the CentOS or
EPEL fare any better with this? (and perhaps ship with disabled YUM repo
entries for them)?

Just some ideas..
Bets regards
Jan