SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2007

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:43:34 +0100
Hallo Thomas,

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> Hi Stephan,
>
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> How about updating openafs to the new 1.4.5 release? I put up an SRPM in
>> http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL5/
>
> There is an open issue with the fileserver.
> Jeff Altmann is about to track this down - see
> http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=74708
>
> It seems the problem is really strange and will not often occur -
> but anyway ...

thanks for the heads-up! Yes, I noticed that issue, and the fileserver
patches in this SRPM are in there because it scares me. I had some hope
that it was sorted out already, but that was before I just read your last
reply in RT...

If this problem still persists when SL5 is about to be released, I
can provide a 1.4.4 package with most of the bug fixes that went into
1.4.5 (see the changelog). This one had serious testing in our cell,
on many clients and a dozen production fileservers, with not a single
fileserver problem on record - but then we don't have 200
"XtendedProblems" clients rebooting at the same time...

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand