SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Honest Guvnor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Honest Guvnor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:51:56 +0200
On 9/25/07, John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> these are all exactly the same model & revision? Same BIOS version?

Yes.

> Does dumping NVRAM and restoring it not work?

Yes it works in that the node cleanly reboots afterwards.
Unfortunately, if any of the settings are changed in order to enable
PXE booting the reboot fails because of a checksum test against the
checksum of the previous BIOS settings. I think I need to find a way
to disable the checksum, get at the checksum to replace it or persuade
it to boot with "corrupted" BIOS settings.