SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:49:17 -0400
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> I get the feeling that you are really doing fully virtulized.
> You have to do a paravirtulized install to do paravirtulized, and there isn't
> any choice as to the kernel, it just installs the xen kernel.
>
> how did you do the virtual guest's installation?

I installed SL5 on the machine, with virtualization included.  I then
created a disk partition for the guest and put an image of one of our SL5
workstations on it.  I created a config file from xmexample1 in /etc/xen,
pointing the disk at the partition I set up and specifying the same kernel
and initrd that the domain 0 machine has.  Did an "xm create -c" with that
config file. No juy.  I copied the kernel and initrd from a postresql
virtual appliance that I downloaded, into /boot, pointed the config file
entries at that, and it boots.

thanks,

Steve