SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:57:43 +0100
At least on SL308 the thunderbird 1.5.0.12 would offer to convert/import
a mozilla/netscape profile if the user didn't have any profiles when it
was first run.

On SL50 (i386 tested so far), it no longer seems to do that.  Instead it
seems to make a default profile and then start the add account wizard.

For people converting from netscape/mozilla/seamonkey mail this is rather
more effort for them so I'm puzzled why this would have changed (especially
when it is the same version of thunderbird).

Of course it may just be that we have managed to break our thunderbird
setup to make this fail (I can't see any reason why it would be disabled
by default).

Does it work for anyone else in SL50?