SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:21:56 -0400
I have an SL5 system on which sound suddenly stopped working a week or tow
ago.  The CD player looks like it's playing, but nothing comes out of the
output jack (yes, I checked the volume settings).  The
gnome-sound-properties applet crashes immediately when I start it.  Have
there been any updates to the sound system in the past few weeks that
might have something to do with this?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA