SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:51:25 +1000
Hi Daniel,

> Do you have the standard SL sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf files?  If
> not, try them first.  I do, and It Works For Me.  On SL 4.x at least.

No I don't, I use various additional Options, Features and milters in sendmail
(as I do various virtual hosting etc) that has been developed over many years.
I wouldn't be able to use the stock mc file at all since it wouldn't work for
my configuration.

I was hoping someone would have seen this problem before, but if you don't
have this problem with the stock mc then I may have to start from scratch on a
stock sendmail.mc and build from there option by option and feature by feature.

Please make sure it works by sending an email from gmail (which allows an
empty "To:" field and many "Bcc:" - yahoo and hotmail don't allow it) and send
to multiple recipients in the Bcc with one of those recipients as your mail
server with the stock sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf, this would then be an
identical test to what I'm doing.

If you could let me know what happens please.

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------