SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:34:10 -0400
Mike Holzman wrote:
> I am trying to connect a Vista Windows machine via Samba to a server
> that is running SL 4.5. I've tried modifying the security policy on
> the vista machine to use "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security
> if negotiated" but that hasn't solved my problem. I am wondering if it
> is the version of samba daemon I am using (3.0.10) or if I need to
> upgrade my entire installation to a 5.0 version of SL.
>
> Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> - Mike

I've read in the Samba-List that by default Windows Vista uses NTLMv2
only, and when the Samba settings are changed to LM & NTLM using NTLMv2
for negotiation it should work.

There are quite a lot of Vista chatter & problems on the samba-list,
suggest you get the latest Samba build possible & check the Samba-List
archives, if you post to the list be sure to include some clean generic
samples of your samba configs...
http://samba.org/samba/archives.html
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.samba/topics?lnk=gschg

- Art@JAX