SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:10:27 -0400
Jon Peatfield wrote:
> At least on SL308 the thunderbird 1.5.0.12 would offer to convert/import
> a mozilla/netscape profile if the user didn't have any profiles when it
> was first run.
>
> On SL50 (i386 tested so far), it no longer seems to do that.  Instead it
> seems to make a default profile and then start the add account wizard.
>
> For people converting from netscape/mozilla/seamonkey mail this is rather
> more effort for them so I'm puzzled why this would have changed (especially
> when it is the same version of thunderbird).
>
> Of course it may just be that we have managed to break our thunderbird
> setup to make this fail (I can't see any reason why it would be disabled
> by default).
>
> Does it work for anyone else in SL50?

Transferring data to a new profile - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_settings_to_a_new_profile

There may be some -profilemanager, -profile or other command line
arguments that could help you...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

-HTH Art@JAX