SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:03:03 +0100
Is there a reason why compat-readline43.i386 isn't in the x86_64 tree or
is it just an oversight?

I'm just working my way through the set of expected compatability
packages for SL50 x86_64 and this was the first one I found that wasn't
present.

BTW I'm impressed that whatever magic causes it to pull in the relevant
i386 library packages seems to work without me having to list them all
(well I seemed to need to list much more in SL3/SL4 with those versions of
anaconda...)

One minor annoyance is that I want to have the firefox.i386 so we can use
i386 plugins etc.  Installing both i386 and x86_64 happened by default but
then /usr/bin/firefox runs the x86_64 version.  If I remove the x86_64
version it wants to also drop devhelp, yelp since those depend on the
x86_64 package.  What is the right way to have both available and users
able to pick which one they run?

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/