SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Karl Misselt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Misselt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:08:57 -0700
Hi - A user is reporting a problem with postscript files
produced with dvips from latex.  When gv'ing the ps
file (or with evince), the text is barely legible.  Converting
the ps file to pdf via ps2pdf results in a legible pdf
with no apparent problems.  However, he can't get the
postscript to display properly.  I don't have access to
the machine right now (clean SL5.0 install), but can get
more details later.  However, has anyone seen a similar
problem and know of a fix? Thanks in advance
-Karl

| Karl A. Misselt                          Office: Steward 254  |
| Steward Observatory                       Phone: 520-626-0196 |
| University of Arizona                       FAX: 520-621-9555 |
| Tucson, AZ 85721-0065                  [log in to unmask] |
| "To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. |
|  To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the  |
|              civilized, merely the domesticated."             |