SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:56:59 -0500
Hi Alex,
My apologies about this.  It was a problem for i386 as well as x86_64.
We have to customize gdm, and this was the first time we ever did it, so our
scripts let it get through.
We have modified the scripts, fixed the gdm, and have pushed it out.  You
should be getting an updated gdm tonight.
Again, my apologies.

Troy Dawson

Alex Kruchkoff wrote:
> I'd like to report a packaging problem.
>
> After running yum update the gdm package was updated to
> gdm-2.16.0-31.0.1.el5.x86_64.
> When X is starting on my laptop there are 2 error messages:
>
> There was an error loading the theme RHEL
> Can't open file /usr/share/gdm/themes/RHEL/RHEL.xml
>
> and
>
> There was an error loading the theme and the default theme could not be
> loaded. Attempting to start the standard greeter.
>
> The directory /usr/share/gdm/themes/RHEL is part of
> redhat-logos-4.9.16-1.SL.6.noarch and it does not contain
> /usr/share/gdm/themes/RHEL/RHEL.xml
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group