SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Peter Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:40:12 -0700
i'm not sure if i experienced a similar problem, but maybe:

i needed the gutenprint driver to drive my epson Stylus C86
printer, and the only way seemed to be to compile it from the
source.  when i tried to compile it, "make" exited with the
error message that /usr/lib/libijs.so was the wrong format.

turned out that what it really wanted was /usr/lib64/libijs.so.
i got around this glitch by (temporarily) creating a soft
link (after removing the existing /usr/lib/libijs.so link):

ln -s /usr/lib64/libijs.so /usr/lib/libijs.so

and that solved the problem.  i have yet to hear if there's a
less hokey way to solve such problems, but this is the third
time i've seen evidence of it.

    -- peter