SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:41:01 +0100
One more thing to throw in (in case it saves anyone the 15 mins of head
scratching I had).  Make sure that you don't have an environment variable
called ARCH set before running the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-... code.

If you do the kernel-module build will fail 'cos it will look for a
directory $ARCH/ where it should look for i386/

[ before anyone asks we set ARCH to $(arch) which returns i686 on most
32-bit systems we have (maybe all of them by now) ... ]

On earlier systems like SL30x the kernel-module build didn't look at the
environment variable, but it seems to in SL50.

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/