SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 00:50:34 -0400
This is an interesting discussion and if anyone else has measurements or
references that would help one choose among filesystems, it would be
helpful to mention it here; there are obviously many
choices--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems--which
may be more or less suited to one application or another.  We've ended
up with jfs for our data warehousing for good reasons we think (files
bigger than 2 TB, good write speed, no reliability problems that we've
observed), but we certainly haven't exhaustively examined the alternatives.

--
John Haggerty
email: [log in to unmask]