SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
jeffrey d anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey D Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:08:58 -0700
On Wednesday 08 August 2007 12:19, Brent L. Bates wrote:
>      The installer will not look in the contrib directories?  Ok.  Could I
> as part of my combining the CD's into a single DVD process, move the XFS
> RPM's out of the contrib area and into the main stream directories?  Or
> perhaps, with the DVD I've already burned, do some kind of shell escape out
> of the install GUI and install them from there?  People want XFS and we
> really don't care about the top level vendors prejudices.  I'm willing to
> work with the SL people to get a more reasonable solution to this on going
> problem.

You only really need XFS in the installer if you are making the root
filesystem XFS.  Maybe you should make an ext3 root filesystem then setup the
rest of your XFS storage after the install.

If I REALLY needed XFS on the root partition, I'd probably go with a
distribution that explicitly supports it, like OpenSUSE.

Jeffrey Anderson    			| [log in to unmask]
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory	|
Office: 50A-5104E			| Mailstop 50A-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208			| Fax: 510 486-6808