SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 10:10:17 -0400
Thanks for the response.

Since 1.58-1 was installed in the repository early 8/4, and 1.58-2 replaced
it rather quickly in afternoon 8/5, I think it was actually just an incorrect
build (incorrect meaning it doesn't work with vanilla sl44 and dag; I have no
idea if perl-Win32* exist in some other distro).  It's also telling that the
dag directory still does not contain perl-Win32*, and perl-DBI-1.58-2 does
not require perl-Win32-ODBC.

That said, it's good to be aware that your update schedule may occasionally
collide with his.

With regards,
Dan W.