SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

From:
Klaus Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klaus Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:54:32 +0200

> However it did NOT work upon giving the "reboot" command, no
> NVIDIA flash screen and no X.  It was as if the kernel module
> could not be found using the new instructions in the xorg.conf
> file.

Did you look into /var/log/audit/audit.log ?

There is some issue with the nvidia driver (and libs) using execmode, and be
blocked by selinux.

> Any hints as to how to fix this?  Should I add some path options
> to the nvidia install shell script?

I would advise you to play around with audit2allow creating a local selinux
policy module.

You also could use this module, it will fix both the execmod problem of the
nvidia drivers, as well as an oversight of TUV about dbus and hal. Out of the
box USB sticks and such things will not work with selinux enabled:

module physicslmu 1.0;

require {
        class dbus send_msg;
        class dir search;
        class file execmod;
        type file_t;
        type hald_t;
        type lib_t;
        type logwatch_t;
        type xdm_t;
        type xdm_xserver_t;
        role system_r;
};

allow hald_t xdm_t:dbus send_msg;
allow logwatch_t file_t:dir search;
allow xdm_t hald_t:dbus send_msg;
allow xdm_t lib_t:file execmod;
allow xdm_xserver_t lib_t:file execmod;

Sincerly,
Klaus Steinberger

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany