SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2007

Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:08:08 +0100
I'm having some problems trying to get SL4.5 to run properly on an Intel
Core 2 Duo system with Intel DQ965GF mobo and 2 x SATA II disks. The O/S
installs fine but takes forever to boot up and run.

I've tried adding a number of kernel parameters including all-generic-ide,
irqpoll, pci=nommconf, acpi-off and selinux_compat_net=1. The Intel Quick
Start Kit available for that board reports that all necessary drivers are
already installed. The BIOS drive configuration is set to ATA/IDE=Native
and SATA=AHCI. I've experimented with other BIOS drive settings to no
effect, and also built a newer kernel (2.6.21) from source.

Of course Scientific Linux 5.0 installs and runs without issue but as all
our other machines are 4.5 I'd like to get it going on this!

Any advice appreciated,

Mark