SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Zhi-Wei Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zhi-Wei Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:38:49 -0700
Hi,

Being security conscious or scared, I have been trying to enable
SELinux on most of my SL4/SL5 systems.  However, almost every time,
something suppose to work, but it doesn't, can be attributed to the
SELinux problem. Here are a few example,

lvm display commands fail to give any information if you rlogin
(kerberos) into the system.
Kerberos rlogin (eklogin) fails because of mislabel of the /var/tmp/
host_0

Many times, one does not think that it is an SELinux related issue
and waste a lot of energy trying to debug the problem. I am just
wondering how people are coping with SELinux: love it, hate it,
disable it, disable some transactions.  I would really like to hear
the words of wisdom on this topic.

Thank you.

Zhi-Wei Lu
Institue for Data Analysis and Visualization (IDAV)
UC Davis                     Phone:    (530) 752-0494
Davis, CA 95616        Fax:         (530) 752-8894