SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:43:10 +0800
Jon Peatfield wrote:

> I should add that we currently only have SL50 machines ON TEST for
> users, though the roll-out to the ~300 desktop-linux boxes is due to
> start this week (well we told the users the 16th but...)

My rollout of SL5 to one desktop was pretty painless. I documented the
process here back in June; it was fairly unorthodox and leaves me with a
desktop with settings dating back to RHL 7.x via Debian.

One thing I have noticed that causes grief is that I need more RAM. 1 Gb
is not enough for what _I_ do.

Oh, Acrobat Reader and Seamonkey are problematic.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait