SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:44:47 -0400
Jeffrey Anderson wrote:
>> Firefox/thunderbird should be able to handle the mozilla/seamonkey duties.
>>

> Well, you know  scientists.  Sometimes they don't want to switch from "what
> works"  Getting them to move from mozilla-mail to thunderbird is non-trivial.

Not just scientists, most users & 'old-dogs' resist learning new things.
SysAdmins have to give them a push now and then in the name of security
& stability. Tbird is a vast improvement over the legacy email client
built into Moz. Thunderbird includes an auto migration tool 'Import'
that imports your Mozilla profile into Thunderbird...
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq.html
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/email/thunderbird/migrate-advice.html
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9365/sam0506f/0506f.htm

Email me off-list if your like for a dated draft Thunderbird Migration
doc NOAA published, that's kind of windows centric, but it could help
get your users on board...

--
Art Wildman - NWS JAX FL. - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax
"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will..." - Grateful Dead