SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:44:03 -0400
John Summerfield wrote:
> Connie Sieh wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, jeffrey d anderson wrote:
>

>> Mozilla is not supported by the Mozilla.org anymore.  There is
>> seamonkey which is mozilla but with community support.
>>
>> Firefox/thunderbird should be able to handle the mozilla/seamonkey
>> duties.
>>
>> The issue with putting in seamonkey is that there are many security
>> changes to seamonkey.  There is quite a bit of work keeping it updated.
>

> I prefer seamonkey over firefox because some of the babies were thrown
> out including:
>  The Window menu. I use it a lot.
>  The open-new-tab button. I have to drop the mouse and fond ^T to open
> a new tab.
>  Better selection on Tools menu.

There are quite a lot of Firefox Addons that can handle the features you
want based on the old Moz behavior. My fav is TabMixPlus, which has
custom settings like the Window Menu provided and 'open-new-tab button'
with settings, that can be imported & exported between profiles. The
MozillaZine Forums (AdvSearch) are a great resources for asking
questions like these, how to get Firefox Feature X from
Mozilla-SeaMonkey into Firefox or Tbird?

MozillaZine Forums & Knowledge Base
http://forums.mozillazine.org/
http://kb.mozillazine.org/

TabMixPlus Firefox Add-ons -
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=tools&status=4
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=menu&status=4
Menu Editor Firefox Add-ons -
Open Link In...  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/379

--
Art Wildman - NWS JAX FL. - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax
"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will..." - Grateful Dead