SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:38:01 -0500
Fernando Avila Castro wrote:
>>>  We have asked may times for volunteers to help us put all of those
>>>  scientific applications into SL.  The only thing we ever get is "please
>>>  put in so.and.so".  We do not get "Yes, I will help you put in these
>>>  scientific applications".
>>>

>     Ok, I'll bite :)
>
>     I've made IRAF and other astronomy apps rpms for el5. The repo is in
>     http://cosmos.astro.uson.mx/~favilac/downloads/IRAF/el5/
>
>     Just install this file and you are good to go:
>     astro-uson.repo-1.0-1.el5.uson.noarch.rpm
>
>     The problem of making this kind of rpms, are dependencies.
>     When I made the repo, i had to build some python apps that weren't
> on the official repos, or in rpmforge but now they are starting to
> appear in them, so there's a little chance of problems down the road
> from cross-dependencies.
>
>     I'll try to add more apps later, but i won't give an ETA on it ;)

Thanks Fernando,
I'll get these into the contrib area, see how they fit.  And if things
fit nicely we'll see about getting them into SL 5.1 or 5.2.
I appreciate it when people do come forward with a complete solution.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group