SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Axel Thimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mailling list for Scientific Linux users worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:06:32 +0200
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 10:58:35AM +1000, Michael Mansour wrote:
> Personally I use rpmforge and atrpms exclusively for the things I
> need and don't want to spend too much time packaging myself, but for
> the things they don't have, I simply spend the time to package
> myself and maintain myself.

It can be profitable for all parties to submit these packages to any of
the repos you use. That way other users may uncover issues and get
this package improved. Given that the repos you use are more than
likely to vanish and reappear as one, any of them would be equally
good to submit something atm. And the next generation repo(s) will
have easier contributor procedures (most are manually right now).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net