SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:59:48 +0800
Connie Sieh wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, jeffrey d anderson wrote:

> Mozilla is not supported by the Mozilla.org anymore.  There is seamonkey
> which is mozilla but with community support.
>
> Firefox/thunderbird should be able to handle the mozilla/seamonkey duties.
>
> The issue with putting in seamonkey is that there are many security
> changes to seamonkey.  There is quite a bit of work keeping it updated.

I prefer seamonkey over firefox because some of the babies were thrown
out including:
  The Window menu. I use it a lot.
  The open-new-tab button. I have to drop the mouse and fond ^T to open
a new tab.
  Better selection on Tools menu.

Against Mozilla/Seamonkey are

  its memory leak. It's been there for years, people (including me) have
reported it, but "We can't reproduce it" they say. I can't avoid it:-(.
(I'm not convinced Firefox doesn't have it too).

  The latest seamonkey build is a little buggier than I'm used to.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait