SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:39:57 +0200
hi connie,

sorry for the cross post.

> I would check that there are only spaces after the skipx.
i was only mentioning this beacuse SL3/4 didn't give any problems.

>> b. we are missing a scsi driver (for 3ware 9650) in the pxe initrd, so
>> i'm trying to add it (done this before.)
>>
>> but know i get stuck in the very first step:
>> afterdownloading initrd.img, gunzipping it, i try to mount it and i get
>
> It is now a cpio archive.
what are the correct instrcutions to remake the initrd after patching
the modules?
i tried with cpio -o |gzip -c9 > initrd.img, but then i got an error
that it couldn't find any filesystem.
i'm now trying with old-style ext2.

i'll keep you posted.

stijn