SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:10:42 +0100
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Michael H. Semcheski wrote:

> So I didn't do an lsmod while I was booted in to 'linux rescue',
> however I did "dmesg|grep 3w" and saw the 3w-9xxx driver, and I could
> see /dev/sda, sda1, and sda2.  When I ran lvm, it could see the
> LogVol00 and LogVol01.  I did vgchange -a y, I think, and that added
> VolGroup00-LogVol00 and VolGroup00-LogVol01 to /dev/mapper.  I was
> never able to mount them though.  "mount -t ext3
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 /mnt/sysimage" gave me an invalid
> parameter, I think.  (I use tab-completion heavily, so I don't think I
> mispelled anything.)

What happens if you use the device names returned by running:

   lvm lvdisplay -c

I find that those work ok in a kickstart %pre (which is close to the
'rescue' environment) though obviously in real-life they are just symlinks
into /dev/mapper/

Remember that the install setup has a busybox version of many apps so that
mount may not like some option...

  -- Jon