SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2007

From:
Beyerle Urs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beyerle Urs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:26:12 +0200
Hi Connie and Troy,

There seems to be problems when rebuilding SL50 SRPM on a "standard" SL50 installation.
See recent posts on this mailing list.

We also have observed these problems, they seem to be related to autoconf, m4. A updated
autoconf version seems to fix most of our problems.

Further, we had to rebuild bash from SRPM to get ride of an error related to bash (see the
mail bash process substitution in SL5 on scientific-linux-user mailing list)

Could you please described somewhere, how your build system is set up. (For example on
https://www.scientificlinux.org/ ?)

What would be interesting:

- list of RPMS (including the version) installed on the build system
- changes done manually on the build system
- do you use special rpm marco definitions, for example in ~/.rpmmacros to build the RPMS?
- maybe some more information about build environment, are you using Mock, Plague, Koji ?

Thanks,

	Urs