SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:41:05 -0500
Hello,
I was wondering about R.  Do you think we should just keep it always at the
latest release (currently 2.5.0) or should be keep it at the whatever version
was released for that version of Scientific Linux.
So, for SL4x, it's currently at 2.3.1.  Should we keep it there, or bump it up
to 2.5.0?
I'm not an R user, so I have no idea if the changes are dramatic or not.
As far as maintaining, for me it's easier to just keep the same version for all
of our releases.  But that doesn't really go with the spirit of keeping things
stable.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group