SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2007

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 19:17:54 +0200
Hi Troy,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Devin Bougie wrote:
[...]
> About the kernel, I'm very nervous about this kernel, it comes with too many
> "If your motherboard and/or vendor model is this ... you have to do this ...
> or else this will happen."

Any pointers? This kernel does fix the intel hda sound on the
dell precision 390 that got broken with -42.0.3. We wants it...

> Since this is not technically a security kernel, I personally want to wait
> for 2.6.9-55.0.1 before pushing it out as a security errata.  I'm hoping by
> then they've fixed at least some of the bugs.  Even then we're going to have
> to do some major announcing about the various changes it can do to your
> machine.
>
> When will SL4.5 be released?
> Well, if you just want the rpm's, they are in the SL40rolling area already.
> When will it be released?  Well the anaconda xen changes that TUV put in have

I take it then that 4.5 will have this. Good news.

> slowed us down a bit.  We expect a new beta out by this weekend.

Could we update OpenAFS in 4.5? I've put up my latest SRPM in
http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL4/

It's 1.4.4 plus selected patches gobbled up from CVS. Many known bugs are
fixed, but of course chances are there are new ones. This build has
received some testing here on a variety of SL4 systems for the last week,
and it's been doing well so far.

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--