SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 14:55:43 -0400
Hi Connie,

On May 18, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Connie Sieh wrote:
> I assume you are installing from a "mirror" of the
> ftp.scientificlinux.org site.

Yes, we created a local mirror by following your "Mirroring
Scientific Linux" documentation.  We see the same error regardless of
whether we use our local mirror or other public mirrors.

> The .buildstamp(in initrd) and .discinfo (in top level dir) have to
> "agree"
> So you probably need to get the .discinfo file from your "install
> tree" and put it on your new iso image.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to help.  The .discinfo file on my
iso image does match .discinfo in our install tree, but we still see
the same error.

Many thanks for your reply.  Any other suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Devin