SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Howard Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Peng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 11:41:19 -0700
Dear all,

Question related to this topic:

I usually download and burn the boot.iso, manually test the installation
using the boot cd before rolling out kickstart.

I downloaded and burned boot.iso from
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/50/i386/images, booted a
machine using linux askmethod option, specify the nfs image location.

Error message:
"The Scientific Linux installation tree in that directory does not seem
to match your boot media."

I assumed the boot.iso should work without any modification, any
suggestions?

Regards,
Howard

Howard Peng, AScT, B.Eng., EIT | Systems Administrator
Physics and Astronomy | University of Victoria