SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 10:25:30 -0500
John Hearns said...

|Echoing what Jon Peatfield says, I have seen these errors on systems.

I've passed Jon's notes on to someone else to
try.  I forgot to mention that we have IPMI cards
but have not yet done anything to them.  So they
are in the systems, but unconfigured.  (Is that
a problem?)

|Can I ask if you have IPMI on these machines?
|If that is so, I have a suggested fix.
|
|Use sysctl to set sunrpc.min_resvport to 665
|(IPMI cards use port 664 also)
|
|To make the fix persist after a reboot, edit
|/etc/sysctl.conf and add the lines:
|
|sunrpc.max_resvport = 1023
|sunrpc.min_resvport = 650

We tried this on 10 of the systems.  When I started
the test loop, it went a little longer before failing,
then started failing again.

Also I forgot to note that this doesn't happen
with ssh.

-Miles