SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Zaiem Bakker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 08:55:39 +0100
Hi Michael,
Have you copied ALL the Fonts (X, Type1, AMF, PCF, etc..)?
Here a user had a similar problem on a SUN server and the following steps solved his problem:

1- Copy all Mathematica Fonts (X, Type1, AMF, PCF, etc..) to the local machine (HP, SUN, Linux).
For example on a local SUN machine, copy/keep the Fonts in /opt/software/Math-Fonts
2- Use a DISPLAY command (i.e. DISPLAY=the local machine name..then...export DISPLAY)
3- On the local machine type:

/usr/openwin/bin/xset fpt /opt/software/Math-Fonts/X
(use the same command for other Fonts, Type1, AMF, and PCF,etc..).

The above steps/commands will give you all the Fonts including the palette.

I hope this will help.

Regards
Zaiem
----------
Dr Z.Bakker
Team Leader and Deputy IS Manager
Research Support, Information Systems
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
C38, Sackville Street Building
The University of Manchester
Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Telephone: +44(0)161 306 3545