SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Teilhard Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teilhard Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 09:55:23 -0500
Hello:

I recently installed Fermi Linux AMD64, and it didn't recognize my wireless
nic. I have hopes to be able to have wireless Internet in this OS, and I
have the right module and the firmware that would make it work. Problem is
that I do not know what I need to install to be able to compile the module.
I tried as the installation stands and I cannot compile. Also, I would be
interested in knowing whether the Scientific Linux packages are good for
Fermi Linux, or where to download the necessary packages to be able to
compile. I tried to install Scientific Linux 5.0 i386, but the installer
doesn't go further on than choosing the language of the installation, on
choosing the keyboard outline, the installation freezes. Thanks for your
help.

Teilhard.