SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 20:00:51 +0100
If you want an *interactive* 'everything' option, you just need to
generate a comps.xml file which has all the packages listed as default in
some 'everything' grouping.

I've not tried this -- we normally want to install as few packages as we
can get away with so we can keep track of what we have (and configured),
and 'cos the install time is long enough anyway!

I suspect from how the code seems to behave that you can probably do this
from an 'additional repo' and so avoid needing to mess with the repodata
tree from upstream (I mean SL not TUV here)...

Of course I could be completely wrong :-)

Failing that just create an rpm which claims to depend on all the packages
and the depsolver should pull them all in.

Beware of clashes between packages though, since you will end up being
unable to install those which clash and anaconda may just give up!

Trying to decide what goes into 'Everything' when you can't realy have all
packages is tricky which is probably why they dropped it -- oh and the
obvious security implications...

--
Jon Peatfield,  Computer Officer,  DAMTP,  University of Cambridge
Mail:  [log in to unmask]     Web:  http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/