SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 13:57:00 -0500
Ken Teh wrote:

> Speaking of the SL 3x distro.  What happens exactly when it is
> end-of-lifed?  Will you freeze it and make the final set of ISO images
> and reclaim the space?  Or, will the original ISOs and the rpm updates
> be available indefinitely?  I have to make plans for transitioning my
> DAQ systems.
>
> Ken

Discussion among the developers brought about a decision to make a SL 3
legacy release ... basic SL 3.0.9 with a codename of legacy, that will
continue until the end of TUV lifetime for Enterprise 3.
It will be trimmed down somewhat.  How trimmed down, we haven't
determined yet.  What will happen to the old releases (removed, remain
in place, archived) has not been determined.
We're still working on the details.  We hopefully will have the details
worked out in a reasonable timeframe.

https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/roadmap

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group