SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 13:36:36 -0500
I have a small NFS-root installation I use for my DAQ systems, but it's
based on the SL 3.x distro.  It has a footprint of about 20MB.  I have
not updated it for SL4 since it took quite a bit of work to get it down
to this size.  We probably shouldn't burden Troy or Connie with this,
but I think it would be a great idea for us to put together something
like this that could be shared amongst SL users.

Speaking of the SL 3x distro.  What happens exactly when it is
end-of-lifed?  Will you freeze it and make the final set of ISO images
and reclaim the space?  Or, will the original ISOs and the rpm updates
be available indefinitely?  I have to make plans for transitioning my
DAQ systems.

Ken