SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 11:28:32 -0400
Hi,

I would like to lay down a minimal SL4 install to be used only via
"chroot" running from the hosting distribution (Debian).  I don't need
kernel, bootloader, init scripts nor any servers. I just need enough
to build and run some 3rd party software (Gaudi+LCGCMT).

In Debian there is "debootstrap" to accomplish this.  Is there
something equivalent in SL or does anyone have pointers on how to
build this chroot install?

Thanks,
-Brett.