SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 15:50:07 -0500
Has anyone seen this problem?
We just updated our web server to and SL4.4 OS.
The version of httpd is
httpd-2.0.52-28.sl4.x86_64

Some web pages that were made with web editors on the Windows side
don't display properly. Special characters like single quotes, double
quotes and even slashes come up as question marks or boxes etc.

These pages used to display correctly with our old web server (
httpd-2.0.46-61.ent ..Redhat Enterprise Linux 3)

I am using the identical browser that I had before. It really seems to be
a web server issue.

Do I need to install more fonts on the server?
Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Eve

Eve Kovacs