SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 16:56:23 -0500
Rebooting but not halting.  Well, that's a bummer, too. :)
But, thanks much.  I'll verify this is the case with this machine and
then decide what to do next.

I was a faithful user of ASUS motherboards until very recently when they
started using Marvell LAN chips and I had to add 3COM NIC cards so that
my NFS installs work.  I switched to using Intel MB's but so far the
verdict is still out.  Out of 3 systems, I've had one bad one.  What MBs
are folks using nowadays?  I could use big outfits like Dell, but I
prefer using local vendors to assemble machines for me.  By local, I
mean really local, like 5 miles away so I can beat on their doors when I
need something done quick.

Thanks again!  Ken